Taiwan is located at the heart of the Asia-Pacific region, which puts it in an advantageous position to make use of global production resources and marketplace. Taiwan is the hub of Asian transportation and the logistic center in the East-Asian region.
Taiwan company formation and bank account opening are very simple and convenient. It is required to file VAT return every 2 months and profit tax return by the end of May every year. It takes about 1 month for tailor-made incorporation. Information of director is accessible publicly after incorporation. If you don’t wish your personal information to be disclosed, we also provide nominee director and shareholder services for the demand of your anonymity. Our firm is proudly recognized as an approved qualified professional intermediary with major banks, we are able to assist our clients in establishing business bank accounts at international and local banks. After opening the bank account, you can start doing the business by using your Taiwan company.
Features and Advantages
- Minimum number of director and shareholder is one who can be natural person or corporate body. They can be of any nationality and no need to reside in Taiwan. If the director is a corporate body, it is required to appoint a representative.
- Required to appoint an investment agent who must be Taiwan resident.
- Information of director and shareholder is accessible publicly. Your anonymity requirement can still be preserved by using our nominee services.
- The tax rate of Taiwan Limited Company is only 17%.
- Required to prepare the accounts, but the accounts are not accessible publicly.
- Required to audit the accounts of the company which its paid in or working capital exceeds NTD 30 million.
- It takes about 1 month for Taiwan company formation.
- Stable jurisdiction
Why Taiwan Company Formation?
Lots of overseas technology professionals have come to Taiwan for their start-ups because of the advantage of active R&D, capability to commercialize innovative products rapidly and the scale and maturity of capital market in Taiwan. IT and manufacturing are the most competitive industries in Taiwan, and many international corporations have found it a perfect place to establish their headquarters in Asia Pacific. The followings are the advantages of Taiwan company formation:
- Hub in Asia-Pacific and great location for investment in China
- Has signed Cross-Straits Economic Cooperation Framework Agreement (ECFA) with China
- Diverse industries
- Complete infrastructure
- High-quality, abundant and relatively inexpensive human resources
Tax Advantages of Taiwan Company
The corporate income tax is levied on a jus sanguinis basis in Taiwan and corporate income tax rate is currently 17%. However, the losses of a Taiwan company incurred by operation can be credited to the profits generated in the subsequent 10 years.
In accordance with the current Taiwan income tax regulation, the profits generated from trading of futures*, securities*, lands#, and dividends or net surplus earned from other companies invested by the Taiwan company are not subject to Taiwan income tax.
* required to merge into basic income for calculation of alternative minimum tax (AMT).
# subject to land value increment tax.
Type of Company
Time to Incorporate
Around 1 month
Disclosure of Director / Shareholder Information
Information of director and shareholder will be published to the website of Ministry of Economic Affairs after incorporation. Disclosure of client’s information can be prevented by using our nominee services.
Corporate Tax Rate: 17%
At least 1 director who can be natural person or corporate body. If the director is corporate body, it is required to appoint a representative.
At least 1 shareholder who can be natural person or corporate body.
Required to audit the accounts of the company which its paid in or working capital exceeds NTD 30 million.
Filing of Accounts
Preparation of accounts is required (Accounts are not accessible publicly).
Filing of Annual Return